Tue, 14 Mar|
Bring Your Own Project (10 week Course)
In this course, you will be working a on upholstery piece of your own choice.
Time & Location
14 Mar 2023, 18:00 – 15 Mar 2023, 21:00
Cliftonville, 95-97 Northdown Rd, Cliftonville, Margate CT9 2QY, UK
About the Event
In this course, you will be working on a project of your choice. You will learn a range of traditional and modern upholstery and by the end of the course you will be able to walk away with your very own hand crafted peice of upholstery having learnt a new set of skills that can be put to use in future projects.
We specialize in small classes of no more than 3 student at a time. This means we can give each student our full attention to help teach and guide them through every step of the process. The classes take place in our work shop and showroom in Margate.
Get in touch with us to disscuss the project that you would like to work on and we will assess whether it is suitable for the coure and time frame. You are welcome to bring your own fabric or purchase from us, we have an extensive range of fabrics and offer a 10% discount for all students.
Some of the skills you will learn include:
- How to strip down your peice and assess any structural work or repairs required.
- Traditional Upholstery Skills - essential basic upholstery skills including learning how to use specialized tools, traditional webbing techniques, using traditonal upholstery tacks, adding springs, stuffing and stitching.
- Modern Upholstery Skills - adding springs, cutting foam, applying wadding and sewing.
- Complete stripping down of your piece of furniture.
- Basic woodwork skills, cleaning wood, glueing joints and filling holes.
- How to measure up you peice for fabric, measuring up for future projects, cutting fabric correctly and how to orientate fabric correctly on projects.
Courses run on Tuesday evening 6pm - 9pm
Tea, Coffee and biscuits will be provided.
The course is 3 hours per week for 10 weeks. We provide all the equipment you will need and you can store your furniture at our shop for the duration of the course.
All upholstery materials are available at the workshop. Please note that materials used in peices are not included in the price of the course. Materials used will be invoiced at the end of the course. All attending students will be eligable to a 10% discount on all fabric purchased through us.
Bring Your Own Project 10 week
In this course, you will be working a on upholstery piece of your own choice.£525.00Tax: VAT included+£13.13 service fee